The project was built under a partnering agreement.
The Peter White Public Library (Marquette, MI) was a $6 million project that included demolition, renovation and expansion. The original 1904 building was refurbished and all mechanical and electrical systems were replaced.
The project included a 53,000-square-foot structural steel frame addition with a dolomite limestone exterior to match the existing building.
In order to make room for the new addition and parking lot expansion, six homes were demolished, along with an existing 2,000-square-foot addition to the original building.
The library is located at 217 North Front Street in Marquette, Michigan.
This project won the 2001 AGC Marvin M. Black Excellence in Partnering Award.