Gundlach Champion, Inc. is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for all employees, contractors, and visitors. We believe our employees are our most valuable resource and all accidents and incidents are preventable. GCI has received multiple AGC Michigan and National Safety Awards which help demonstrate that dedication to the safety of our employees.
GCI’s employees, contractors, and visitors have a right to expect a safe and healthy work environment. We are committed to providing a comprehensive safety and health program to safeguard the well-being of all those working for, visiting, or living near our operations.
All employees are responsible for their own safety and health performance as well as that of their colleagues and others around them. We expect our employees and others on our site to take personal responsibility for their compliance with our health and safety policies, procedures, and practices.
We are committed to continuously reviewing and improving our standards of health and safety at work and ensuring that this remains a core business value.
To achieve our objectives we will:
- Develop, implement, and maintain safety and health policies, procedures, and work practices that meet or exceed compliance with applicable safety and health regulations.
- Communicate our commitment to safety throughout all levels of the organization.
- Continuously review and improve our policies, procedures, and work practices to identify and eliminate hazards.
- Educate and train supervisors and employees to provide them with the tools needed to safely do their job and identify and correct safety hazards.
- Involve all employees in the implementation of this policy and provide appropriate guidance, training and supervision to enable employees and others to carry out their work and responsibilities in a safe and competent manner.
- Develop and review health and safety performance indicators including: accident and incident reporting; employee surveys; training records; and audits.